Saturday, June 13, 2009

Does this motorcycle make me look fast?

That's what I thought too. Is a Buell motorcycle in my future? I'm not sure, but I can certainly see the appeal in one. Maybe I should have said I can FEEL the appeal in a Buell. Today I took the pictured Firebolt XB12R for a short test ride, courtesy of the fine folks a Mid-America HD in Columbia, MO. (Thanks for moving half dozen bikes just so I could ride the 1200). I was hoping to find a Lightning or a Ulysses but they seem to be in short supply. The Firebolt has a tucked in sport riding position, that can get tiring in a very short time. When I got back on my bike I felt like I was sitting in a BarkaLounger. Though the riding position doesn't suit me, the The torque produced by the 1200cc engine does.

A few years ago on some motorcycle TV special a woman said that "Harley's don't vibrate, they throb". This Buell is no different, start it up and it throbs so much it can give you motion sickness, but give it some gas and that throb changes into a big smile on your face. Yes I had a grin from ear to ear on my big fat head when I got back from my ride.

I have been interested in the Buell line of bikes for a few years, but just never made it into a dealer to look at them. Now that I have test rode one I have got that new bike lust again. What terrible feeling...

See you on the road.
GAW

No comments: