Once I start down the path of planning a trip my brain just won't shut down. Just to give you an idea of how fast the clock is spinning in my head I present to you the following list that spewed out of my head moments after routing a 3000 mile westward trip (Link) and a 2000 mile eastward trip (Link), more on that mileage in a later post.
Packing List: Fix and Repair
Spares / Misc:
- Head light bulb.
- Throttle cable (because I have one).
- Clutch cable.
- Tubes, front and rear.
- Master link (for chain).
- Key's, bike and any locks concealed on bike, accessible without tools or at most tank bag tools (see below).
- Small spool of wire.
- Duct tape, electrical tape.
- Rags, towels.
- Nylon straps.
- Quart of oil.
- JB Weld.
- Zip ties, zip ties, zip ties, zip ties, zip ties, zip ties etc.
- Ground cloth, X 2. To keep from loosing those little bits and pieces your bike won't run without.
- Tubes see above.
- Patch kit - patches, glue, cleaner.
- Valve core.
- Valve stem fish/tool.
- Tire irons 2-3.
- Axel wrench.
- Support stand (bike has no center stand).
- Air - compressor, CO2 or hand pump.
- Mostly useless factory tool kit.
- Metric wrenches.
- Metric allen wrenches.
- Pliers - needle nose, channel lock (med), locking and wire cutters.
- Screw driver - phillips and sloted bits.
- Metric adjustable wrench.
- Volt meter & test light.
- Flash light with extra battery's.
- Chain breaker.
- BFH, just in case...
- Locking knife.
- Flash light.
- Cheaters, so I can see the tiny bits and pieces.
So am I obsessing, right on par or crazy for traveling unprepared? Do keep in mind that I will be traveling alone on the lesser traveled roads where people may be few and far between.
Now for something completely unrelated.