Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Road Trip 2009 Day 1


The Road Trip has begun. Today was pretty uneventful. I left home about an hour later than I planned. The first packing of the motorcycle always takes a while.

By the numbers:

3500 feet elevation increase.
720 miles by GPS.
11 1/2 hours on the road.
5 gas stops.
3 states, Missouri, Kansas and Colorado
1 Kansas driving award!

Today's plan was to get across Kansas, and I did. Tomorrow will start the good roads and food. Today i just had junk food, nothing worth photographing. At about 7:30pm someplace east of Dodge City I crested a hill going about 73 mph (posted 65mph) and was facing a Kansas State Trooper. In the end he was very nice and only gave me a written warning. As for driving awards go... not to bad.

See you on the road.

GAW













Road Trip 2009 Highlights

No comments: