Thursday, July 9, 2009

Road Trip 2009 Day 2

Today was sensory overload. I have so many vinaigrette's banging around in my head I'm dizzy...

1. Breakfast at Copper kitchen in La Junta, CO. Breakfast Burrito to die for. Conversations with the locals.
2. U.S. 350 with the mountains so close yet so far.
3. Raton Pass, the first pass of the day. 7834 ft.
4. Coalfax, NM and the slowly fading wooden passenger car and box car.
5. Cimarron Canyon State Park.
6. U.S. 64 between Tres Piedras and Tierra Amarilla, NM. 11,000 feet, no traffic in my way, two wheel bliss...
7. The double Rainbow.
8. Going 185 miles on ONE tank of gas. The last time I went that far on a tank of gas I had to walk to the gas station.
9. Pizza with Green Chile in it!
10. Getting a ride back to the motel with Frank the owner of Feliciano's Home Run Pizza. He wouldn't let me walk the 2 blocks in the rain.

Though I only traveled just over 400 miles today my brain is truly about to explode. If I were to come home tomorrow my trip would have been a complete success.

Friday will be a low milage day, My plan is to photograph the Cumbres & Toltec. I will then head to Durango, CO a short distance northwest and call it a day.

Click on the image below to see photographic highlights of my Roadtrip.

See you on the road.
GAW

Road Trip 2009 Highlights

No comments: