Monday, June 7, 2010

A ride in the woods Part 2 the prequel and other stuff.


I was feeling better this weekend so I ended up doing some work around the house that I had put off  during the week so I didn't spend much time working on fun stuff.  I did finish putting together this video I shot the week before my small get off.  I was riding alone on a more difficult trail than the one that took me down.  I hesitate to state where this trail is, I rode it on my way to lunch and on my way home.  I didn't see any "No Trespassing" or "Private Property" signs on my way to lunch and there were no gates blocking the road, I'm just not sure if it is a public road or not.  It was an enjoyable ride and I'm glad I found it.

This video is the first video I edited with Adobe Premier Elements 8.  It works very nicely and I believe it will let me get out comes closer to my "Vision's".  Now I just need to get better bringing the time down.  I did have one problem,  I wanted to record a short narration track of about 20-30 seconds, but it crashed the program at about 10 seconds into the recording.  I finally recorded the track in another program and just imported the clip into PE.  I have some family video that I need to put together and then I will start work (pre-production & filming) on an epic moto docudrama that has recently been banging around in my head and also do a Redux on a short riding video I did last year.  When I get home today I will have a box from Filmtools.com waiting for me, that will really give me the itch...

Connections,  I enjoy looking at maps on Google Analytics and the Feedjit list (lower right side of blog) to see where the people who read my blog come from and how they got here.  Last week I saw a hit from Salisbury, MO which is truly just a hop, skip and a jump from where I grew up (maybe 20 miles?).  When I was a kid Salisbury was home to the only motocross track I knew of and the Kawasaki dealer( a friend rode Kawasaki's, I rode Yamaha's).  I believe the track is long gone, but I think the Kawasaki dealer (Doug's Cycle Shop) is still there.  What really interested me was that the hit came via Wet Coast Scootin.  Just makes me wonder about the path they took getting here?  So Mr or Mrs Salisbury, if you visit again I'm from Higbee thanks for stopping by.

Enough for today, back to work.

See you on the road.
GAW

2 comments:

Gary France said...

Nice Trail. I liked the river crossing – that looked treacherous!

I am glad you are feeling better. How long till you can get on a bike again?

682202 said...

Oh yes Treacherous, very Treacherous.

The doc says about 4 more weeks. we shall see....