Saturday, December 4, 2010

My First Motorcycle.

My first motorcycle.  The above image is a cropped scan of a Polaroid photo taken in January of 1980.  I'm astride my new 1979 Yamaha DT100 Enduro, and yes that's a smoke bubble visor.  The photo was taken at my grandparents farm. I would have been 11 years old, just a month shy of 12.  If not for this little green motorcycle, you probably wouldn't be reading this blog.  My father was responsible for me getting my first and second motorcycles.

I came to find this photo and many more while cleaning out my childhood home this past weekend.  My father passed away 2 days before Thanksgiving, he was only 67 years old.  I would like to tell you more about him, but for the moment it will have to wait.  I'm searching for a photo of him on a brand new Honda 305 Dream, when I find it I will tell you more about him.

GAW

5 comments:

Mike said...

Gordon,
I'm sorry about your father's passing. It's difficult time to go through. I hope you and your family are doing as well as can be expected these days. I'll be praying for you. Mike

682202 said...

Mike,

Thank You. I am a only child and my parents were divorced, so I have been very busy the last 2 weeks. After tomorrow I will be able to slow down and let things sink in. GAW

Keith - Circle Blue said...

Tough time to go through. Just wanted you to know I stopped by and will continue to do so. It's not much, but in the way of things, I hope it supports you.
~Keith

682202 said...

Keith,

I appreciate the support. Sorry I have taken so long to respond. The last couple of weeks have been very busy, but I have all the important things taken care of so I'm getting back into the normal daily scheme of things.

GAW

Keith - Circle Blue said...

No apologies needed. Wasn't expecting a response given the situation.

Take care,
Keith